We have the following opportunity for a Planner to provide planning support for large industrial projects. To provide support in all disciplines of work, mechanical, process, instrument and electrical fields.
Responsible for the development of detailed work plans and scope for a variety of projects.
The ability to estimate manpower requirements for specific disciplines. Develop detailed spare part requirements, vendor support details and material requisition. This may include but is not limited to:
- Review the work scope and resolve any incomplete, ambiguous, or conflicting requirements as per the Integrated Management System
- Ensure that the correct time, resources, personnel and equipment are available and assigned to enable the proper and timely processing of projects in accordance with the SIMS.
- Responsible for tracking and overseeing the Plan.
- Must be experienced and competent in the use of Premivera with preference given to P6.
- Shall have plant maintenance and scheduling experience
- Familiar with industry maintenance programs such as SAP.
- Ability to define manhour requirements for various work scope.
Will work closely with Discipline Leads to outline project work requirements, paying close
Continue to evaluate work scope to reduce project duration.
Responsible for progressing work scope against the planned work identifying:
- Weekly and monthly forecast projections.
- Resource requirements based on progress and slippage.
- Scheduling conflicts based on activity dependencies.
- Produce weekly progress reporting.
- Build and report monthly cost reporting.
- Liaison between site and corporate leadership regarding project status and tracking.
- Maintain and update project schedule reflecting challenges and opportunities through reporting.
- Work with support staff to satisfy Client requirements and to meet the Client’s standards.
- Track and implement into the schedule all scope changes.
- Initiating, implementing and verifying corrective or preventative actions in their respective areas when informed of problems concerned with quality or service delivery.
Recommend to the Project Advisor (Sancon’s Senior Site Representative), the purchase of tools, equipment and
- Responsible for ensuring that all inspections and verifications are identified with the work package.
- Responsible for maintenance of standards, meeting schedules, assignment of staffing and recommending acquisition of capital equipment.
- In conjunction with the QA Coordinator, responsible for promoting awareness of client’s needs throughout Sancon.
- Responsible for assisting the HSEQ Manager and Quality Assurance Coordinator.
- Review work scope assignment against the equipment in the field to ensure all scope is covered.
- Responsible to ensure that each project proceeds in accordance with the policies and procedures.
Mechanical, Process, Electrical, or Instrument Certification, Technologist or Engineering Degree or experience in related field,
- 5+ years of Commissioning and Start up Experience with a minimum of 2 of these years in a planning role
- Journeyman in related trade
- Supervisory experience considered an asset;
- Demonstrating “Safety Leadership” qualities
- Excellent people skills;
- Good communication both verbal and written;
- Attention to detail and organization
- A good understanding of Scheduling Software such as Microsoft Project or Primavera
- Good working knowledge of all the trades and disciplines;
- Ability to work in both an office environment and field environments;
- Valid drivers license.
- Appropriate computer skills, which includes: Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- P-6 Scheduling and project management skills
Location: Calgary Office position, with potential of temporary field assignments.
Please note that only acceptable candidates will be contacted.